Turning clothing and cars into care and compassion
Trustbridge Hospice Foundation
With so many charity thrift stores out there, how do you choose where to donate? When you donate to Hospice Resale Shops you know your donation stays right here in our community and helps local families facing serious illness and grief.
Senior Director of Resale Operations Cathy Olsen explains that Trustbridge Hospice does whatever it takes to take care of patients and families. No patient is ever turned away because of their ability to pay. You can depend on Trustbridge to find the pathway that enables you and your loved one to live every day to the fullest.
The Hospice Resale Shops and Hospice Cars are a part of Trustbridge Hospice Foundation. Our foundation supports your local, not-for profit hospice providers, Hospice of Palm Beach County and Hospice by the Sea. We have served over 200,000 patients and their family members since 1978. We believe that every family facing serious illness deserves physical comfort, emotional well-being and personal dignity. Thanks to donors, we are able to provide specialized services that relieve symptoms and improve quality of life. Among the programs Hospice Resale Shops and Hospice Cars supports are:
- Charity Care ensures that the growing number of patients and families who are uninsured or don’t have financial means will still receive the care they deserve at the end of life.
- Extraordinary Comfort Measures allow patients to continue comfort treatments such as radiation, chemotherapy, intravenous medications and blood transfusions. Trustbridge is one of only 4% of hospices nationwide that provides this.
- Music Therapy enhances mood, stimulates memory recall and provides unique opportunities for interaction and emotional intimacy for our patients and families.
- The Sea Star Programs Grief Services for Children recognizes the unique needs of children and teens who have lost a loved one by providing a comprehensive array of grief support throughout our community. These programs include individual counseling sessions, group counseling sessions, school-based therapy groups and three bereavement camp programs.
- Bereavement support is provided to anyone in the community who has experienced the loss of a loved one, regardless of whether their loved one was a hospice patient or not.
- Physician and employee training prepares staff to be able to meet the individual needs of every patient they care for. Our Fellowship program contributes to quality end-of-life care by educating physicians in the latest treatments and care relevant to terminally ill patients’ physical, psychosocial and spiritual needs.
There are so many ways for you to support our community thru Hospice Resale Shops. The resale shops accept clothing, furniture, household goods, jewelry and more. With three convenient locations in Boca Raton, Juno and West Palm Beach, there is sure to be a shop close to you. Can’t carry those large items? Our shops offer free, scheduled pick up for your convenience.
Our Hospice Cars program provides a convenient and easy way to donate a vehicle. From cars and trucks to jet skis and boats, one call is all it takes. We provide free pick-up and process all of the paperwork. “With just one call, we will seamlessly pick up your donation, sell it, and you will receive a receipt and tax forms,” says Cathy Olsen.
So if you are cleaning out, moving out or moving up, please consider donating your un-needed items to Hospice Resale Shops and give hope, comfort and caring to those who need it most. For more information, please visit www.trustbridgefoundation.org or call 561-494-6814.