Inaugural Dine for Veterans Week Presented by Crane’s Beach House
Aligning Local Restaurants, the Public and Local Veterans in Need of Medical Support
EVENT AT A GLANCE
– Sunday, November 6 through Veterans Day, Friday, November 11
– Partnering restaurants in the tri-County region
– Public participates by dining at partnering restaurants
– Coordinated network of restaurants give back a percentage of proceeds
– $20,000 Matching grant opportunity from the Ohrstrom Foundation
– Corporate Sponsorships available
Dine for Veterans is a NEW, unique, exciting event in South Florida.
Here’s how it works:
– Ambassadors from the Help Our Wounded Foundation reach out to restaurants. All restaurants and bars are eligible to participate.
– Restaurants agree to participate, committing to giving back in a number of ways: percentage of proceeds during a specific time window, for any one given night, the entire week, for a specific menu item, or a flat contribution.
– Our media partners (traditional media, social media, and food bloggers) engage the public to let them know about our partnering restaurants.
– Patrons dine at their choice of participating restaurants. There is no additional participation charge.
– Restaurants make contribution back to the HOW Foundation
– At the end of the week, every $1 raised, up to $20,000, will be matched by the Ohrstrom Foundation.
– Local companies can support the event through corporate sponsorships. All donations are 100% tax deductible.
– 100% of all donations will benefit veterans in need of medical care.
This event exemplifies the power of collective impact.
This event would not be possible without a collaborate effort from the traditional and social media community. Media partners such as Boca Life Magazine, Florida Food & Farm, Savor Tonight, Take a Bite out of Boca, Edible South Florida, Boca Locals and PR-BS are working with us to make this inaugural event a success.
HOW Foundation supporters understand the reality of invisible wounds of war.
There are no striking visible hallmarks; no broken bones or physical scars, yet brain functioning is significantly altered. That is why we are here, at the Help Our Wounded (HOW) Foundation. The HOW Foundation provides hyperbaric oxygen therapy to people who are suffering from traumatic brain injury and post-traumatic stress. Veterans were the first to receive support from the HOW Foundation, and they remain our priority. In our effort to support our local veterans through this event, 100% of the proceeds will go direct to medical care. Nothing will be taken out for administrative costs.
Dine for Veterans Week Sponsors include Crane’s BeachHouse Boutique Hotel & Luxury Villas, TrainerSpace, Boca Life Magazine, Edible South Florida, Savor Tonight, Boca Local, Florida Food & Farm and Take a Bite Out of Boca.
Our website, www.dineforveterans.com, has our calendar of which restaurants or giving back on each day of the week of Veterans’ Day. Please visit our website for additional details, locations, and opportunities to support.