Prep: 10 min./ Cook: 15 min.
- 2 pounds salmon fillets
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
1. Place salmon in shallow dish. Combine remaining ingredients and mix well. Set aside 1/4 cup for basting; pour the rest over the salmon. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Drain, discarding marinade. Grill salmon over medium coals, skin side down, for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Baste occasionally with reserved marinade. Serves 4.
Grilled Vegetables with Couscous
Prep Time: 20 Min./ Cook Time: 15 Min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 zucchini
- 1 small eggplant
- 1 large sweet onion
- 3/4 cup frozen broad beans
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup vegetable stock
1. Remove the seeds from the pepper, and chop into strips about 1 to 2 inches long. Cut the eggplant crossways into rounds about 1/3 to 1/2 inch thick, and cut each one into 6 to 8 even chunks. Peel the onion, and chop into 8 portions. Trim the zucchini, and cut into thick slices.
2. Heat grill pan over a high heat with a generous splash of olive oil. When it is very hot, add all the vegetables to the pan. Press down occasionally to get grill lines across them. Turn occasionally to prevent burning. Cook for about 15 minutes, or until the vegetables are evenly browned and cooked through.
3. Stir broad beans into the vegetables. Add chopped tomatoes, and vinegar. Simmer for a few minutes while the couscous is prepared.
4. Place couscous into a medium bowl. Add boiling vegetable stock, and stir with a fork. Keep lifting the couscous occasionally to prevent it sticking. It only takes 2 to 3 minutes to become soft. Place couscous in a large bowl or serving platter, and serve the vegetables on top. Serves 4.
Red, White & Blue Refresher
- 1 quart pineapple or lemon sherbet
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup white grape juice or white wine
· Divide the sherbet between four dessert cups or bowls. Top with the berries and grape juice.
Thanks to www.allrecipes.com for these yummy summer recipes.