Purple Rain, a Drink to Honor Prince
By Krista Martinelli, ©2016
In honor of Prince (RIP), this is a lovely mixed drink – “Purple Rain” or “Purple Reign.” We are fortunate to have a mulberry tree in our backyard (which I like even better than blackberries). But either will work. Like a mojito, you are going to fill up a glass with crushed ice – and pour this mixture over it. You could use either Basil or Mint or just berries as a garnish. I like the basil, as it lends a more exotic, Thai flavor to it. Enjoy!
- 2 oz Blueberry Vodka (Smirnoff)
- 1 oz Orange Juice
- 1 oz Pineapple Juice
- 8 mulberries or blackberries- plus 3-4 for garnish
- Club Soda
- Basil (for garnish)
- Garnish: Extra whole blackberries, 1 or 2
- Muddle the berries in the bottom of a glass.
- Fill with crushed ice, then add blueberry vodka, orange juice and pineapple juice and stir.
- Fill with club soda and garnish.