Wellington Announces Phased Re-Opening
of Parks and Natural Areas
Wellington is committed to maintaining the safety and health of all its residents. After carefully reviewing Palm Beach County Emergency Order 2020-005, Village officials announce the opening of the following parks and facilities.
PARKS & FACILITIES OPEN*
(starting Wednesday, April 29)
- Village Park
- Wellington Environmental Preserve (observation tower remains closed)
- Select neighborhood parks (see complete list at Wellingtonfl.gov/Parks)
- Select sports fields (see complete list at Wellingtonfl.gov/Parks)
- Wellington Tennis Center (singles only)
- Boat Ramp
- Equestrian Trails
- Walking trails
- Golf Courses
*Hours vary by park/facility. Please check Wellington’s website for specific hours.
ALL VISITORS MUST
- Follow Centers for Disesase Control and Prevention (CDC) social distancing guidelines
- Bring their own drinks
- Bring their own hand sanitizer and mask
- Walking, running, biking
- Singles Tennis
- Play Field Sports (baseball, football, soccer, lacrosse, etc.)
- Share sporting equipment
- Gather in groups of more than 10
CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
- Village Park Gymnasium
- Wellington Aquatics Complex
- Playgrounds (including Scott’s Place & Tiger Shark Cove)
- Wellington Dog Park
Visit Wellingtonfl.gov/Parks for the latest information about park and facility openings, or follow Wellington Parks and Recreation on social media (@wellingtonflrec).
For COVID-19 information, updates, and resources from the Village of Wellington, visit www.wellingtonfl.gov/Coronavirus. Sign up to receive email notifications as soon as updates are published and available on the website at www.wellingtonfl.gov/NotifyMe.
As another way to stay informed on the latest news and updates from the Village, residents are invited to sign up for Wellington information and updates at www.wellingtonfl.gov/Newsletter.